Sunday, August 22, 2010

Being a mother and having patience?

There are so many ways one may define being a Mother.
It's life changing. It's beautiful. It's rewarding!
And It's one of the most difficult things you may ever go through, but the pay off? PRICELESS.
I am the momma of 2 little boys, Levin 2 1/2 & Brighton 10 months. It is my most rewarding role In life. I have learned so much & have grown up more than I ever thought I would in the last 3 years. Through pregnancy, bed rest, 2 C-Sections, the birth of my children, 2 colicky babies who weren't the biggest fans of sleeping at night ;) Wow, sigh! I have so much more patience than I ever thought possible. Finally! It didn't come easily, but it's finally here. And I am so thankful!
You know those Mother's you see out at the store..Alone.. With 4 or 5 kids..who sometimes may be misbehaving, screaming, yelling, having complete meltdowns, etc.? And there she is, as calm as ever? I have always aspired to be "That mom." Really.
I feel sad, as weird as this may sound, when I see parents grabbing their kids by the arms, yelling and just being plain rude to their child/children in public. On several occasions when I have been out shopping with my 2 boys, I have seen little ones getting spanked, slapped.. I just don't get it I guess? There are other ways to punish them, but please.. Don't hit your kids, not in public, not at all.
I know.... Meltdowns kind of suck.. Let's be honest with ourselves, but there is more than one way to handle these.
It can be SO hard to be patient and calm when one of your little ones is having a complete melt down in the middle of Old Navy screaming at the top of his lungs, kicking, screaming....ya know, THAT meltdown.. (Levee just recently had one of these) I have learned that If you talk to them in a very calm, soothing voice, at eye level, this REALLY helps calm them down. Yelling back gets me no where unfortunately! This, I have learned. I must say, I like the other way better anyways. It has helped me be more calm in other life situations.
I love being a mom, more than anything else. It's pretty awesome. I frequently remind my self, It won't be this difficult forever! There's a light at the end of the tunnel. I hope so anyways ;)
I just had some thoughts on my mind tonight, and this is what came out,
Hope you enjoy this 2 am post!
Good night everyone.
-Marci

12 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping by and the for thekind words! I'm your newest follower too, I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Marci!!! So glad you decided to stay! I love the entire look of your blog, the fam is absolutely gorgeous!! I am so skeptical about putting some pictures out there, maybe you will give me the courage to :-)! I look forward to all of your updates!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For sure! Thank you so much, you are so nice! I was skeptical as well, but I took the plunge ;) tee hee. I love blogging, Nursing school has taken away a lot more of my time, but I am going to do my best to be sure to keep up on it. I really enjoy it! You should summon up the courage! And thank you, I look forward to yours as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a great mom! I can't believe how much you've grown these past 3 years! Those boys and Micah are so blessed to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Lacey :) I try my hardest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too am saddened when I see this happen in stores. But I also feel for women who don't have the sort of support system some of us do.

    Following from Blog Frog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marci,
    You clearly are a fabulous momma!!
    I too would love to be that calm and secure mother we all wish to be but unfortunatly I only a handful of the time.
    Your blog is great and I love love love Pride and Prejudice too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Cindy! Thanks for stopping by! :) I'll come check yours out too as soon as I can.

    Unplanned cooking, I do too. I was a single mom for 6 months while me and my fiance were seperated a while back when we had just one baby. It was difficult. Thank you for following, I am your newest follower too!

    Linsey, Thank you very much! I really try to do the best I can. Stupid time huh!? Seriously. I need more of it in a day! Thank you too for the nice comment about my blog! I love blogging, i feel it is the one thing I can at least keep organized daily! And you love Pride and Prejudice too!? Way cool! I could watch that movie daily.. Oh wait I kinda do.. And never get sick of it! I love to watch it while doing homework.

    Thanks again ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are funny, posting at 2am. Only a mother would be doing that! :)

    Thanks for following, I am following you now too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, really huh! I am a night owl! :) I love your blog! Nice me to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Parenting really does take a lot of patience! I have to remind myself of that quite often.

    Thank you for participating in last week’s Wednesday Window @ Frugality Is Free. I would like to invite you to this week’s The Wednesday Window . It is the place to feature your favorite blog post of the past week or so, for more details check out Frugality Is Free. The Wednesday Window linky will open up around 10 p.m.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all of your comments! Thank you for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Random.Org for Giveaways

Blog content copyright

Please do not take any posts, pictures etc. from my blog without permission. If you are interested in borrowing a picture or some information from a post, please contact me first. I probably won't mind giving you permission! I put a lot of time and effort into my blog, so please don't take anything without asking. I am the sole owner of this blog, if you have any questions please feel free to contact me with any questions!

Thank you very much!