Thursday, August 26, 2010

Enjoying the journey.

Currently:
In my 1st quarter of Nursing school. I know, I know. I have a WAYS to go... The time is flying by so quickly, but I don't think it can ever go fast enough to finally get to Graduation.
I need to stop and enjoy the journey a little bit more, to get to the destination ;)
As I was in my evening English composition class contemplating a final topic for my Compare and contrast paper (ended up deciding to do it on Hitler and the Holocaust..) I was lost in thought for a moment staring at the classroom across from ours.. Those students who were in the Labor and delivery Nursing class. (Which happens to be my field I am going into when I graduate) Jealous as all can be. I wish I were in there, not sitting in a boring composition class. I wish I were at the point of doing my Clinicals and rounds, even if it is 36 hours a week of non paid working, which very well may be the most difficult part of the program, I don't mind at all. Having to get up 3 days a week to be at he Hospital by 4 or 5 am. I just cannot wait! Staring October 4th, I will be in full Nursing mode..And only 1 non-related general class, trigonometry. My first Nursing class will be Nursing Fundamentals I.
Sometimes, I still have to pinch myself, realizing I am finally where I have wanted to be for as long as I can remember. Getting here was beyond difficult, but I made it and it's just the beginning! Can't wait to see what's in store for next quarter. I came across these shirts today from a group I am a fan of on FB, The sarcasm shop I WANT this one in particular. It's perfect, and so true. Being a mother of 2 and a Full-time Nursing student, I have given up a lot. But the payoff will be so worth it. Can't wait to get into Clinicals and assist with my first delivery. Excitement for Nursing school!




I love this one as well:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate all of your comments! Thank you for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Random.Org for Giveaways

Blog content copyright

Please do not take any posts, pictures etc. from my blog without permission. If you are interested in borrowing a picture or some information from a post, please contact me first. I probably won't mind giving you permission! I put a lot of time and effort into my blog, so please don't take anything without asking. I am the sole owner of this blog, if you have any questions please feel free to contact me with any questions!

Thank you very much!