Sunday, August 29, 2010

Meatless Monday

"Boca Chik'n carbonara"

I know I have been saying for a while I was going to start this weekly blog post... So finally, here it is!
Last night I was wanting some spaghetti but was trying to think of a way I could switch it up a bit from the norm.. SO I came up with this.
Sorry I didn't take any pictures I will next time though. Here is today's quick & delicious "Meatless Monday" Recipe:

-Ronzoni pasta is my favorite and it contains a lot of fiber which is a great plus! We use about half of the box, boil on medium heat with 1 Tbsp of EVOO and a dash of salt.


-For some reason, I love Huntz spaghetti sauce. My favorite flavors are the "Zesty & spicy" Or "Garlic & herb" It is usually pretty cheap as well. But of course you can use any sauce you like! For last night's dinner, I poured it in the sauce pan along with some fresh diced tomatoes and cooked on low heat for about 15 minutes.
-While the sauce & pasta were cooking, I pre-heated the oven to 350* for our garlic french bread, a must have for spaghetti nights at our home! I use Blue Bonnet light margarine (VEGAN) & sprinkle the slices with garlic salt, then bake for 7 minutes.
-I try & serve the dinner with a vegetable, usually peas or corn.
-I put a Boca Chik'n patty that is sliced up (Imagine..Chicken carbonara?) on the top of the spaghetti along with as much of the sauce as you would like. (cook the Boca chik'n patty either stove top, or microwave for 1:15)


-SO delicious!!!
Enjoy & let me know if you try it out!
PS...It's 100% VEGAN! Bet you would have never known ;)




2 comments:

  1. This looks SO yummy! I'm definitely adding to my dinner menu next week, ha my family won't even know it's good for them!! I love the smart taste pasta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know how it turns out Meg! It is SOOOOO yummy. :) I love that pasta too!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all of your comments! Thank you for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Random.Org for Giveaways

Blog content copyright

Please do not take any posts, pictures etc. from my blog without permission. If you are interested in borrowing a picture or some information from a post, please contact me first. I probably won't mind giving you permission! I put a lot of time and effort into my blog, so please don't take anything without asking. I am the sole owner of this blog, if you have any questions please feel free to contact me with any questions!

Thank you very much!