As we are a Vegetarian/Vegan Family, I am always looking for new, yummy recipes to try out. This was my first time making these delicious lettuce wraps, and boy were they SO good and healthy. Plus, my kids loved them which made it even better!
- Cooked rice (amount and type is up to you,but we suggest around 4 servings)
- 1 Head of Ice berg lettuce
- 1 pound extra firm tofu, sometimes we even do 1 1/2 pounds if we have the extra tofu (drained)
- 2 3/4 cups chopped mushrooms (your choice,but preferably shitake, it gives the dish a little more kick)
- 1 yellow OR white onion
- 4 cloves chopped garlic (fresh)
- 2-3 thinly sliced carrots (or graded)
- Soy sauce or Bragg's sauce with amino acids (available @ Whole Foods)
- salt & pepper
- Optional: House of Tsang stir fry sauce to put on the top for some extra flavor.
- Wash your head of lettuce.
- Chop your the tofu into tiny squares.
- In a large pan, put in 1-2 tbsp of olive or vegetable oil and turn on medium heat, put in minced garlic and diced onion, sautee for about 3 minutes.
- (At this time you can also start cooking the rice. Follow the brand/package directions for the amount of rice you are wanting.)
Serve on top of the lettuce pieces, along with the rice as a side and House of Tsang sauce as a topping for some extra flavor (optional)
Here are some photos of our lettuce wraps we made:
All ready for dinner.
(The other thing we had for a side were vegetarian pot stickers)
Levee loved this dinner :)
Hope you try it out, let me know if you do and how it turned out for you! It is a fairly easy and very healthy recipe to make which is a plus.
Coming up soon!
- Amazing vegan pumpkin pie
- Vegetarian tortilla chip soup
- Vegan caramel apples