Friday, September 24, 2010

You know you're a Nursing student when

Wow.
This has been quite the week so far! To sum it up in one word... Finals. (Yay!) Sarcasm.. 
I haven't been this stressed since Brighton was born and never slept at nights. I have done approximately 16 pages of essays in the past week, a 30 minute presentation with my group on diabetes and studying for my last final in math tomorrow. I am not the best when It comes to math, give me Anatomy, physiology, anything Nursing related and I'm good to go! I have one more quarter of math left of trigonometry and calculus.
I. am. Horrified to say the least! After that, I will be more excited for the rest of school.

So I've come up with a list with some ideas from others to help out, this is properly titled:
You know you are a Nursing student when.....
  1. Rolling book bags aren't as lame as they were in high school. In fact, they are a huge life saver when one book alone is 4" thick
  2. You actually stress, and feel guilty if you miss a class 
  3. You can cry in front of your classmates because you have seen them all cry before as well, especially during hell week, AKA, finals
  4. You really learn to appreciate Holidays!
  5. Dozing off while even standing is a daily occurence
  6. You jump for joy for even getting a C in some classed feeling wonderful that you even passed
  7. When you study day and night for a test, and when you see it you wonder where on earth the professor got the questions from
  8. Multiple answers have 4 correct answers...
  9. Even 4 cups of coffee per day isn't enough anymore, you find yourself drinking it later, and later, and later in the days/nights
  10. You don't have a social life anymore
  11. Surgery excites you more than ever before
  12. Giving up is NOT an option
  13. Satisfactory means the world to you
  14. You now understand why there is a Nursing shortage
  15. PRN, QID, QHS, q4h, all mean something to you
  16. You are grateful to make it through each and every day in school
 I am so thankful to be where I am at today! Every single day is a challenge, but the feeling of accomplishment and actually being a Nursing student is priceless to me. I feel like I am doing something to make life better for my kiddos even if it is a long road ahead. I am definitely Enjoying this journey and making great friends along the way. 

Graduation is 23 months away, here's to 1 quarter down (tomorrow) and only 8 left to go! 
Love, Marci

21 comments:

  1. You take my Anatomy/Physiology homework, I'll do your math. Deal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I tried drinking that much coffee but can't....love the list!:) ur awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower from Fun Follow Friday- Congrats on getting into the Nursing program! :)

    http://bethscoupondeals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think some of those things on your list could apply to also just being a mom, like loving holidays and a lack of a social life. ;)

    I'm following you via the weekend hop. Have you have a great weekend, one thats less stressed, but maybe not if you are studying for finals, good luck!

    Heather From and Mommy Only Has Two Hands! and Lynhea Designs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meg, sounds like a deal to me! I require 1 bottle of wine to go with that though ;) haha. I loathe math!!! Ughh. 1 more quarter of it left..YAY.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vic, I have NEVER drank this much coffee in my life! But hey, it's getting me through for now. Then I drink probably a little too much Diet coke @ school :-/ haha. Thank you very much for the compliment!
    Have a great weekend!
    Marci :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alisha!! I have missed you! Thanks love. Glad I could make you laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beth, welcome! Thank you for following :) And thank you for the nice compliment! It's been fun so far. Not sure I'll be saying that a year into it though ;) Thanks again for following, I will come right over to follow you back!
    Marci

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heather! The funny thing about your comment is, I was actually going to put that in parenthesis by the side of some on the list! But I ended up taking it out. It is SO true! Welcome to my blog and thank you for following. :) I will be on my way to follow you back now.
    Marci

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heather, I am already following you. (Duh!) Sorry! I am slightly tired. I love your blog though. Thanks again for following me back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm just stopping by to say Hi! I'm following you now from Fun Follow Friday, will you follow me?
    http://songberries.blogspot.com/2010/09/fun-follow-friday_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! I'm from Bloggy Moms site and the title of your blog caught my eye since I am a Nurse. Just wanted to say hang in there. Nursing school sucks...a..LOT but once you're finished, it is a totally different ball game. Nursing school and nursing are like total opposite. You will love it more when you start working believe me!!
    I worked in the Emergency Department right out of school. It was scary but oh so awesome.

    Anyhoodles, nuff bout me. Hang in there. You can doooooo it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi im your newest follower from Friday Blog Hop. Come on by and follow back :).

    Naomi
    Na-Miart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm new here! Great blog :) Hope you'll come visit and follow me too!
    http://www.trying2staycalm.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so glad it is you and not me!! I don't miss those days for anything!! Late nite studying sessions, seeing the learining center more than my family, having "group therapy" everyday with your classmates, knowing that all four answers are correct!! and surgery is the best (cuz I work there!!) You will make, just have faith and lots of caffeine and tissues and good friends to lean. I will be praying for you cuz it sucks.
    God Bless,
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  16. Songberries, Hi! I am following you back, and entering your giveaway :) Thank you for following my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it...I can completely relate to each on of those!!!! One day, we will have a normal life again!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kimberly, thank you so much for taking the time to write that! That was so kind of you. Yeah, it's rough right now but I do love it! And that's what I hear, that they are completely opposite! I can't wait to have a great job in L&D! I'm hanging in there! Thanks again for following!
    -Marci

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you to all my new followers for stopping by! It means a lot :) I will be on my way to follow you back If I already haven't.
    Have a wonderful day everyone!
    -Marci

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amanda, I'm glad someone else can! Yes, one day we will and a lot of $$$ along with it! Yay!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all of your comments! Thank you for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Random.Org for Giveaways

Blog content copyright

Please do not take any posts, pictures etc. from my blog without permission. If you are interested in borrowing a picture or some information from a post, please contact me first. I probably won't mind giving you permission! I put a lot of time and effort into my blog, so please don't take anything without asking. I am the sole owner of this blog, if you have any questions please feel free to contact me with any questions!

Thank you very much!