Monday, October 4, 2010

Meatless Monday, A perfect vegetarian Fall soup.

Spicy Vegetarian tortilla soup

A perfect easy and fast soup for this beautiful Fall weather that has finally arrived! I love soup weather, how about you?
I Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as our Family does!


Ingredients:

2 tbsp olive oil
1 large minced yellow onion
1 or 2 minced garlic cloves
1 tbsp cumin (I used a little less because of the strong flavor)
2 cans of corn, or 1 bag frozen corn
2-29 oz cans of vegetable broth
2-16 oz cans of black beans

1/3 cup of finely chopped cilantro (More or less If you would like)
1 cup of graded cheese (Soy cheese is actually good, try it out!)
1 lime sliced up into wedges
1 large avocado, sliced
Tortilla strips (any style!)
 

Instructions:
Add olive oil, onion, garlic, and cumin to a large pot over medium heat and stir for about 5 minutes.
Add corn, vegetable broth, beans and cilantro. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes. 

Serve in a bowl and  top your soup with cheese, your avocado slices, squeeze lime juice on it and tortilla chips.  

 Enjoy! And happy Fall!

-Marci

5 comments:

  1. This looks YUMMY! I might have to make it tonight! Cute Halloween design bloggover!

    Best,
    Krysten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marci. I have searched you site and profile for your contact info to email you but I cannot find it. You were chosen the Making Friends Monday spotlight of the week for next week. Please send me an email to leandrea(AT)couponsaregreat.net so we can work out the details! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, sorry about that. Apparently I have too many gmail accounts. This is really me. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Couponsaregreat, I am so honored and exited! I emailed you last night :) Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i recently stumbled upon your blog and am so glad it did. i tried this soup tonight and my kiddos LOVED it! thank you so much for sharing! i am trying to cut all the meat out of our diet and your recipes are yummy and pretty easy. :))
    cheers,
    jes

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all of your comments! Thank you for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Random.Org for Giveaways

Blog content copyright

Please do not take any posts, pictures etc. from my blog without permission. If you are interested in borrowing a picture or some information from a post, please contact me first. I probably won't mind giving you permission! I put a lot of time and effort into my blog, so please don't take anything without asking. I am the sole owner of this blog, if you have any questions please feel free to contact me with any questions!

Thank you very much!