Sunday, October 31, 2010

The not-so-perfect, but fun Halloweeeeekend.

First off...Happy Halloween! 
I can't believe it has already came and gone. I look forward to this Holiday the most every year. But this year... It was a huge disappointment for me. The weekend started off pretty fun, Friday night was a blast! Our friend Brianne came over and helped me bake some cupcakes and helped me design my Blogging business cards for Bloggy Boot camp. They turned out great by the way! Then Saturday, Micah was out at Miller Motorsports park for a lap battle race in our race car all day so it was just me and the kiddo's at home. The morning wasn't too bad, but shortly became one of the worst days I have ever had in my life. #1: Our dishwasher broke... Awesome right? Hardly. After I had loaded it up completely only to realize it was broken, I had to empty the whole thing and hand wash all of the dishes. As I was washing some silverware, a fork fell down the disposal. Little did I know, Levin had climbed up on his chair and I didn't notice, but he decided to turn ON the disposal, while I was reaching down in there, almost cutting my fingers off. Yeah... Talk about a slight freak out. Scared the hell out of me! Had a little talk with him, and went on doing some more dishes. 
Afterwards, I went up to get ready to run to the mall to get the invisishield put on my new iPhone and had Grandma watch the kiddo's for a little while so I could go. Didn't get too far. #2: As I went out to our car, and tried to start it, the battery was dead. Fabulous. Came back in the house to let my mother in law know what was going on, she offered for me to take her car, sweet! So, on my way I went! Finally made it over to the mall, alive. Yay! #3: All excited, I went in to have the shield re-done (I traded a friend my phone for his) It was supposed to have a life time warranty, so I wasn't expecting to have to pay for it. Think again Marci. The guys were completely rude and honory to me (they must have been having a bad day too) and wouldn't honor the life-time warranty because I didn't have the receipt from a year ago. I really needed it replaced so I just said I would pay the money to have it done, so they went ahead and did it. Told me to come back in about 20 minutes to pick it up. Ladee dadeeeee daaaaa.. I went and browsed around at some stores, dreaming of a new Winter wardrobe, then headed back over. #4: I then went to pay for it, and what do ya know? The damn debit card declines on me. This has NEVER happened to me. But of course, on a day like this, why wouldn't it? I swear, the universe was out to get me. They said, "Well we can't let you leave until we have the full payment." No, really? So I said, ummmm... I don't have any cash on me, is there any way I could call my fiance and pay over the phone with our credit card? They said "well were really not supposed to do that." Okay, well I have no other option, so finally they said okay and I called Micah and we paid over the phone. They were so rude about it! I told them, I swear this has never happened to me before, and apologized again and was on my way home. #5: It was POURING rain, all day yesterday on "Utah's" day for Halloween. (Nobody does anything on a Sunday around here, so we kinda have to go with it.) 
So we had to make some back up plans for Trick-Or-Treating. Decided to head over and take them to do the mall event that was supposed to be going on. This was at about 6:30 and what do ya know? ALL of the stores were out of candy... Because it started at 3:00. I had no idea! I was on the verge of crying my eyes out at this point in the day. I felt so bad for Levee. He was so excited, and ended up with only about 15 pieces of candy MAX. And most of it he couldn't even eat because it had dairy in it. So we headed home and good thing we only had a couple of Trick-Or-Treaters here so we had some treats left over that I snuck into his bag ;) The night did get better from here. Our wonderful friends Eric and Bekkah were over for the night with us, we had Vegan tacos, carved pumpkins and watched a scary movie after the boys went to sleep. The evening was pretty great! But wow, I have never had that crappy of a day. 

And as for today.....The actual day of Halloween, It wasn't too much better unfortunately. But I tried to make the best of it and make it fun for the boys. 
After Micah did his best to fix the dishwasher, we realized it isn't fixable and we aren't able to pay for a repairman to come out and look at it, so were just out of a dishwasher. I don't mean to be so 21st century, but I am ALREADY dying without a dishwasher... It is so time consuming. I honestly haven't a clue how I am going to find time to just sit, sorry, stand and wash dishes during the day when they build up. Along with paying attention to my boys, breakfast time, snack time, lunch time, activity time, homework at some point, cleaning up the house, daily chores, etc, etc. But, I am sure I will figure it all out at some point. I am just so not looking forward to this. I hope one day to have it fixed! This should be fun for now though. Other than complaining about the broken dishwasher, I had a ton of studying to do so I headed over to Barnes and Noble to get some home work done. Afterward, came back home and made some leek and potato soup for Halloween dinner. At least that turned out great, Everyone loved it! (I will get the recipe up soon.) My night tonight is ending with this lovely, long post and then some more homework.

I hope you all had a wonderful, safe weekend! And if you made it to the end of this post, thanks for hanging in there with me! ;)
To end this post off right, here is some pictures of our Halloweeeeeen weekend. Enjoy! 

 My little cuties Trick or Treating at the mall. A Penguin and a puppy! 

 So happy saying, "Trick or Treat!!!"

 Finally, a treat he could eat! Pure excitement. 

 I felt bad, Brighton was not having fun at all. He is definitely a home-body kind of kid.

 Carving some pumpkins!

 I was "dressed up" As a Nurse. Classic huh? 

 I have no idea what Levee was doing, but that look on his face was priceless! 

 One of my very best friends, Bekkah! 

 He was so excited over this pumpkin Daddy carved for him. 


 Our pumpkins! Aren't they cute? 

Spooooooky! 

 Leek and Lentil soup-Vegan

 My attempt at "Brain" cupcakes. Cute huh? Also Vegan. 

 I made 2 different types :) I couldn't decide between orange or the brain ones, so did both! 

 After about 15 minutes, this was our end frosting color result. Don't The beaters look pretty cool though?

Happy Halloween everyone!

7 comments:

  1. hi there. great looking cupcakes! your newest blog hop follower. happy MONDAY. would *love* a follow back. you can find me at:

    http://aceandfriendsco.blogspot.com/

    LOTS of fun giveaways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But look at it this way, your boys look TOO CUTE!!!! and what great lookin' cupcakes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had a great halloween! :) I always have a problem veiwing you posts in Google Reader. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm so sorry dear! I hope things will begin to look up for you soon!

    I told this to a girl at my work, but I'm going to say it to you too, since you could probably use it! But anyway, here it goes: You know I've been thinking that I must have dropped my bad luck somewhere, it didn't happen to be you that picked it up, was it?? I hope you would know better than that, because my bad luck is horrendous!!! Hahaha, hope that helped ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for reading! And for all of the nice comments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ace and friends, thank you for following! I'll come follow you back now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alisha, that is perfect! Seriously! Haha, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all of your comments! Thank you for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Random.Org for Giveaways

Blog content copyright

Please do not take any posts, pictures etc. from my blog without permission. If you are interested in borrowing a picture or some information from a post, please contact me first. I probably won't mind giving you permission! I put a lot of time and effort into my blog, so please don't take anything without asking. I am the sole owner of this blog, if you have any questions please feel free to contact me with any questions!

Thank you very much!