Sunday, October 17, 2010

Vegan chocolate Boilin' Cauldron cupcakes

Yesterday was my little Brighton's 1st Birthday. He had such a fun day! (I will be doing a blog post with pictures as soon as I can) The hit of the party was my "Boiling cauldron" chocolate Vegan cupcakes with butter cream frosting. They turned out perfectly! And nobody even noticed they were vegan until I said something! With the help of my great friend Megan, my Mom and my niece Teesha, we got 58 cupcakes done is 4 1/2 hours. It took me a while to finally decide on a recipe, and looks like I chose the perfect one. The cupcakes were so worth the time! I found the cute idea on the Wilton website.

I found the recipe for the cupcakes here.



Here is the complete recipe for your little ghosts & goblins:

Amazing Vegan chocolate cupcakes

1 1/4 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup warm water
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp apple cider vinegar 
Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners or grease and flour the cups well.
In a medium bowl, mix together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt with a whisk. Make sure that all the ingredients are well blended. Add the warm water, vanilla, oil, and vinegar. Stir until well combined. Do not over-mix.
Fill muffin cups 3/4 full with batter and bake in the center of the oven for 16 to 20 minutes or until the cakes spring back when you lightly touch the center. Remove from oven. After 5 minutes, carefully remove the cupcakes from the tin and let cool completely on a wire rack before putting on your frosting.

"Butter cream" Frosting
1/2 cup non-hydrogenated shortening
1/2 cup non-hydrogenated margarine, I used Blue bonnet light (Vegan)
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted if clumpy
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Beat the shortening and margarine together until well combined and fluffy. Add the sugar and beat for about 3 more minutes. Let chill for about 10 minutes after you are done mixing.
For complete instructions on how to do the cute Boilin' Cauldron cupcakes, head over to the Wilton website. I had to replace the chocolate ghosts with marshmellow peeps since my kiddos can't have dairy and they ended up looking even more cute! I just stuck a toothpick in the ghost to help it stand up a little better :)

Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. My daughter was vegan for a couple years and I would have KILLED for this recipe at the time! Even now I think I'll send it to her. She'd so love it! Thank you!

    PS. Following back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so welcome :) It really is SO good. I am a picky one, so it took me a while to find a really good recipe. Thank you for following back!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all of your comments! Thank you for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Random.Org for Giveaways

Blog content copyright

Please do not take any posts, pictures etc. from my blog without permission. If you are interested in borrowing a picture or some information from a post, please contact me first. I probably won't mind giving you permission! I put a lot of time and effort into my blog, so please don't take anything without asking. I am the sole owner of this blog, if you have any questions please feel free to contact me with any questions!

Thank you very much!