Monday, October 25, 2010

Witches Night out!

 I have been looking forward to this weekend for a while now! One of my great friend's Bekkah and I attended Gardner Village's "Witches Night out." 
Gardner Village is a cluster of cute little retail specialty shops located in restored cabins, houses and buildings located in West Jordan, Utah.
Vintage pioneer architecture, antique fixtures, red brick paths and bridges over a pond, create a relaxing and enjoyable atmosphere for shopping, dining and discovering some of Utah's most colorful history. If you ever come visit Utah, it is a must to stop by and visit this beautiful place!
Photo courtesy of Millpictures.com


Photo courtesy of www.makeitdo.com



Photo courtesy of http://leggnet.com

Photo courtesy of http://slcslavedriver.blogspot.com
 
They have the village decorated with as many witches, pumpkins, hay bales and corn stalks as you can imagine, it is so festive! I personally think it is part of what makes this place so much fun. During these 2 nights, woman come from all over the country to celebrate this event. There were so many people there, it was nuts, and every single one of them was dressed up. We saw some pretty fun, decked out costumes! 

We started the night browsing all of the many village shops and fun decorations then headed over by Sweet Aftons candy shop and got some treats, a caramel apple for me (amazing!) and Bekkah got some cinnamon glazed almonds (also amazing!) They had a costume contest on the main stage so we went and watched to see all of the fun winners . Some of the costumes were so fun! And they had some cute accessories to go with them. After watching the contest we did a little more browsing and I bought Levin a little light up wand, which he loved. It's the "new" favorite toy for him and Brighton now! After shopping, we waited in line for 20 minutes for a yummy (seriously) bread bowl filled with potato soup and a diet coke. The wait was so worth it, that was the best soup I have had in a while! As we had our soup, we sat and chatted about life and made some more fun plans for December, then enjoyed the rest of the night at my house with our guys and watched a scary movie. It was a wonderful, perfect night!

The Gardner Village witch crew

Gardner Village is definitely a tradition for me and my Family, we look forward to going back every year for all of their fun activities and decor. I love this time of year as it's full of so much tradition and Fall celebrations!

Here we are, dressed to the nines to celebrate Gardner Village's Witches Night out!

Getting ready to head out!



This tree was covered with green lights. So pretty! 

Isn't he a doll? I LOVE Harry Potter! Cutest little Potter I have ever seen dressed up. I asked his Mom for permission to take this picture of him, he thought I was a crazy lady.

6 comments:

  1. I just read about this in the paper. How fun. Can you believe it snowed this morning. I think winter is coming!
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much fun!! I wish we had something like that here...I love y'all's witchy costumes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katherine, it is nuts! It is starting to snow again right now! So crazy. And I guess it is supposed to snow this weekend :-/ Good thing my kiddos have warm costumes. Winter is here too soon! I wanted it to be fall for just a little longer. You have a great week too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bianca, thanks for stopping by! And thank you for the comment :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like so much gun! I love halloween and all the spooktacular stuff that goes on before it!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all of your comments! Thank you for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Random.Org for Giveaways

Blog content copyright

Please do not take any posts, pictures etc. from my blog without permission. If you are interested in borrowing a picture or some information from a post, please contact me first. I probably won't mind giving you permission! I put a lot of time and effort into my blog, so please don't take anything without asking. I am the sole owner of this blog, if you have any questions please feel free to contact me with any questions!

Thank you very much!