Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Holidays, a miracle and Black Friday.

The Holiday season is just around the corner, are you ready for it? I am really looking forward to it this year. I can't believe Thanksgiving is a week from today! We will be celebrating it vegan style of course and this will be my first year cooking a full Thanksgiving dinner for my Family. We have 3 dinners Thanksgiving day that we will be attending and I will be making a home made vegan pumpkin pie for each one. I really love baking and cooking so I am looking forward to it!

Last years Holiday season was well, not so good. My Dad was in the ICU at this time suffering from two strokes that occurred within two weeks of each other, pneumonia, a blood infection and on a trache tube fighting for his life. I will never forget, it was about a week before Thanksgiving last year and the hospital had called our Family letting us know that they didn't think he was going to make it much longer and told us to get up there right away. This was the darkest time of my entire life, I have never been more scared. The thought of loosing him, was unbearable. 
By some miracle, he slowly came back around and recovered from all of this. He was in the ICU for a month and a half, finally got well enough to be transported to a local hospital for an additional two months, then finally to a specialty hospital for assistance in re-gaining all of his functions back on the left side of his body. After a total of about five months he was finally able to come home and have in-home specialized care. He is finally back to his old self after a year!

I have so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving and Holiday season, and I don't plan on forgetting it. This is an extra special Holiday season for our Family and I can't wait to get the celebrations going! Along with the Holidays comes one of my favorite Family traditions that I actually started 5 years ago with my Sister. It has slowly grown to be My sister, me, and some of my girlfriends. What is this tradition? 
{I know you are dying to find out!} 

Photo courtesy of Techpinger.com

Do you partake in the craziness? I mean, really. We must be crazy to get up to go shopping at two in the morning, bearing the cold and all of the other crazy women right? It is so worth it though! I have ten must-haves on my list this year. Is anyone else going to be going out shopping this day? If so, what stores are you planning on hitting? If you end up going, please come back and share your shopping day with me here! 

6 comments:

  1. Agree, be thankful because we never know what "stuff" lies ahead. On another note, you're lucky to still have your dad. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your dad i am so happy that he is doing better this holiday season i love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is amazing about your Dad!!

    We are heading out into the craziness - and what's more - since my hubs is deployed - I am waking a sleeping baby!! I know crazy right??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you @Self Sagacity! I do feel very lucky. :) And we should always be thankful for what we have! Thank you for your reply!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Shannon, thanks lady! :) We heart you too and your Family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Emily, it really is! You will have to let me know how your black Friday shopping goes!! And yeah, slightly a little crazy, but still fun! Be safe and have a blast!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all of your comments! Thank you for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Random.Org for Giveaways

Blog content copyright

Please do not take any posts, pictures etc. from my blog without permission. If you are interested in borrowing a picture or some information from a post, please contact me first. I probably won't mind giving you permission! I put a lot of time and effort into my blog, so please don't take anything without asking. I am the sole owner of this blog, if you have any questions please feel free to contact me with any questions!

Thank you very much!