Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Vegan-Pumpkin Pie for Thanksgiving?

I know I have posted this already, but I wanted to share it again since It is almost time for Thanksgiving. Can you believe how quickly it has snuck up on us?
 I will be making three or four of these next week. I hope you have the chance to try it out and make it for your Families!


Time again for "Meatless Monday" For today's recipe though, were going to do it Fall style with a Vegan pumpkin pie. And yes, it is amazing! (Seriously.) Make it for your Family and friends without telling them there is no milk or eggs in it and I bet they'll never taste the difference. Well, at least mine couldn't tell! 
It took me about 5 Pumpkin pie recipes to finally get it made just perfectly! 
 Enough of my rambling.. 
Here it is: 

Vegan style Pumpkin pie amazingness!

Ingredients you will need:

1 1/2 cups of plain OR vanilla soy milk
1 Tbsp Energy egg replacer (Available @ Whole Foods or any other health food store.) Or any other egg re-placer you prefer.
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups pumpkin puree (We use Libby's brand) 
1/2 cup flour 
2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 cup sugar OR splenda
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon 
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. salt
Keebler graham cracker crust pie dish

Instructions:
Preheat your oven to 350* 
Mix FIRST 5 ingredients in a bowl for about a minute or so (until smooth)
Add pumpkin puree, mix again
Now, add remaining ingredients and mix well until smooth, you don't want any clumps in it.
Now, pour into your Graham cracker pie pan, don't fill it too full or it will bake over the top.
Bake for 50-55 minutes (check it @ 55 minutes) you want the top and edges to be a little brown and the center to be moist.
Refrigerate and chill before serving 

Serve with Soy whip Or cool whip if you prefer :) 

{ENJOY & Happy Thanksgiving!}

-Marci 






5 comments:

  1. Hi there! I am your newest follower from the Tuesday Hops :). Nice blog, I look forward to reading some more. When you have some time, be sure to stop by my blog and say hi! Have a good one :)

    -Sassy
    http://lasinglemama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by and leaving a nice comment! I hate when people only leave their link. I have already came and visited you back :) Have a good night!
    -M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I don't know if you remember me... Kaycee Nelson (now Bassett) but I love your blog! I'm vegan too so I love reading other people's recipes and vegan experiences. I have a bunch of recipes on my personal and animal rights blogs, hope you get a sec to check them out! :)

    Thanks for sharing all of your recipes!

    http://www.HeartBreakWorld.com
    http://www.ChangeforAnimals.com

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all of your comments! Thank you for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Random.Org for Giveaways

Blog content copyright

Please do not take any posts, pictures etc. from my blog without permission. If you are interested in borrowing a picture or some information from a post, please contact me first. I probably won't mind giving you permission! I put a lot of time and effort into my blog, so please don't take anything without asking. I am the sole owner of this blog, if you have any questions please feel free to contact me with any questions!

Thank you very much!