Thursday, December 2, 2010

Complete and utter disappointment.

I don't even know where to begin.. I am beyond frustrated and I feel like I was mislead completely. I had contacted my current Nursing school last Spring about starting their Nursing program. You had to take an entrance exam to get in. (Accuplacer) I passed the reading and sentence skills portions by 100 % but missed passing the math portion by one question. Had to retake it again, and same thing happened. So the head of Nursing admissions had then instructed me to take a couple of classes at the local community college to get a head start on the program and to improve my math skills, so I enrolled in Chemistry 1010, Psychology 1010 & Math. I was told all but the math would transfer over so I knew that ahead of time. Well, come to find out last night... They will not be accepting my credit transfers for the other classes that THEY told me would transfer over. I wasted my time and money. What a complete waste. Along with being 7 months pregnant while attending these classes 5 days a week, over the summer in 100* weather. I was put on bed rest as soon as I was finished up with the semester. I feel so mislead and betrayed. At this point I am contacting both schools to see what my options are. I really do not want to have to retake that Chemistry class as it was one of the most difficult classes I have ever taken. But at this point, it's either I take it or quit. I can't quit, I have two little guys and my Family depending on me. So I guess I just have to take getting screwed over and get on with it. Not only do I have to retake the classes but I won't get to be with my current cohort as they will be advancing to Microbiology and some of the other classes that are required for next quarter. That almost sucks as much as having to retake a course that I have already gotten an A in. 

I guess this is all just a part of the Nursing school ride huh? I must admit, I'm not liking this part at all. I will just keep pushing on and try to be a little more positive about a crappy situation. Nothing more I can do. Wish me luck! I'll definitely be needing it.

2 comments:

  1. ohhhhhh Marci,

    I'm so sorry to hear this. It makes my stomach turn just thinking about it because I had many similar situations. Nursing school is so hard and they make it so much harder than it needs to be. I was already accepted and enrolled in my first semester of nursing school when hurricane Katrina hit. We were living in New Orleans at the time. Not only did we loose our house and everything we owned but I had to re apply to school all over again which meant re taking a lot of classes:( It was horrible. And that was just the first of the nursing school hurdles. There were so many along the way I thought I would be dead by the time I finished but I DID FINISH and so will you. I'm a lot tougher coming out than I was going in that;s for sure. My prayers are with you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hanna! My situation is nothing compared to what you went through, oh my goodness! I am sorry :( I cannot believe all of that mess! Life is so unfair sometimes. They do make it ridiculous, it is beyond irritating. I am expecting many more to come. Thanks for reading and your comment. It is nice to know that I am not alone in this.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all of your comments! Thank you for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Random.Org for Giveaways

Blog content copyright

Please do not take any posts, pictures etc. from my blog without permission. If you are interested in borrowing a picture or some information from a post, please contact me first. I probably won't mind giving you permission! I put a lot of time and effort into my blog, so please don't take anything without asking. I am the sole owner of this blog, if you have any questions please feel free to contact me with any questions!

Thank you very much!