Friday, December 10, 2010

Remembering the true spirit of Christmas.

Source
 Can you believe it is already this time of year again? This year, as many in the past has flown by for us! I find myself already making my 2011 resolutions. Just plain crazy! This is supposed to be a magical time of year, but sadly, I think too many people are focusing on materialistic things now-a-days. This is just sad. What happened to just being grateful for our Family, our health, our home, clean water to drink, food in our fridge, electricity? 

This seems to be a thing of the past, and now the worries are: "I hope I get everything on my list." And even to the extreme of, "This gift isn't good enough!" & "This is all I am getting this year?" This is so sad to me. I really think we all need a wake up call, to remember the true meaning of Christmas and the wonderful feeling of giving this year. 

As a parent, I am doing my best to raise humbled, grateful children. And to teach them about giving to those who need it at this time of the year as they grow older. Sure, we may not be in the best position ourselves right now, but we are going to do our best to give to others. 

I came across a link last night on my facebook news feed and was heartbroken as I read this Family's s story. It was titled, "Christmas help." as an ad from KSL.com. You can read their story {here}. Myself and two other friends are going to do our part to help this Family out this year. We are going to fill stockings for the children ages 5, 3 & 1 and their Uncle who was the one injured in this attack. I am really excited to do this for them and cannot wait to deliver the stockings Christmas Eve morning.

Let us all remember the true meaning of Christmas this year. It's not about the gifts, or money. It's about the spirit of giving our hearts and remembering why we celebrate this wonderful holiday. It's most definitely not for materialistic things.

I hope you all are having a great Christmas season!

3 comments:

  1. I completely understand where you are coming from on this. As the mother of a toddler, I am doing my best to remind him what the real meaning of Christmas is, and it is so very hard with all of the materialistic viewings of others around us. But, I will do my best to raise a very grateful child.

    New follower from Fabulous Friday Follow.

    jen

    mamaschellsays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! the blog looks great Marci!! Really, it's so sophisticated! I LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My 3-yr-old only says Christmas is about presents no matter how creatively we prompt him to answer differently. But we hang in there, don't we! What a great example you're giving them.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all of your comments! Thank you for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Random.Org for Giveaways

Blog content copyright

Please do not take any posts, pictures etc. from my blog without permission. If you are interested in borrowing a picture or some information from a post, please contact me first. I probably won't mind giving you permission! I put a lot of time and effort into my blog, so please don't take anything without asking. I am the sole owner of this blog, if you have any questions please feel free to contact me with any questions!

Thank you very much!