Thursday, September 30, 2010
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
I am really excited to have been able to review this product! I highly recommend it, especially with all of those winter colds that are just around the corner.
Send off for Boogs! He is a cute, cuddly little plush pal for your little one. He can be yours by sending in 3 UPC stickers off of any 30-count Boogie Wipes. Print off the page given on the link to start earning your Child's Boogie Buddy!
Head over here to buy Boogie Wipes directly from the source! Or if you prefer, you can find them at your local Target, Wal-Mart, Babies R Us, Costco or Walgreens.
One lucky reader will be able to win TWO packs of the 30-count Boogie Wipes!
How to enter:
Leave 1 comment letting me know something you learned about Boogie Wipes (1 entry)
Follow my blog via Google friend connect (1 entry)
"Like" Boogie Wipes on Facebook and leave a comment telling them I sent you (1 entry)
Follow me on Twitter (1 entry)
Follow Boogie wipes on Twitter (1 entry)
Join the Boogie Bunch (1 entry)
"Like" The Balancing act in stiletto's and scrubs on Facebook (1 entry)
Tweet about this giveaway:
"I just entered to win 2 free packs of Boogie Wipes @ The Balancing act in stilettos and scrubs!"
Please let me know you have done so (Up to once a day) :)
(2 entries) **Please leave link!
Please leave your email address at the bottom of your comments (only once per person will be okay Unless it is in your profile so I can contact you! The winner chosen will have 48 hours to respond before I choose another. Winner will be chosen @ random via Randomizer.org
FRIDAY OCTOBER 8, 2010 by midnight.
Best of luck, and THANK YOU for participating in this wonderful giveaway!
Monday, September 27, 2010
Here it is:
1 1/2 cups of plain OR vanilla soy milk
- Coloring with water colors/crayons/markers
- Finger painting
- Practicing flash cards
- Making Cheerio necklaces
- Reading at least 20 minutes a day, usually more though
Friday, September 24, 2010
This has been quite the week so far! To sum it up in one word... Finals. (Yay!) Sarcasm..
I. am. Horrified to say the least! After that, I will be more excited for the rest of school.
So I've come up with a list with some ideas from others to help out, this is properly titled:
- Rolling book bags aren't as lame as they were in high school. In fact, they are a huge life saver when one book alone is 4" thick
- You actually stress, and feel guilty if you miss a class
- You can cry in front of your classmates because you have seen them all cry before as well, especially during hell week, AKA, finals
- You really learn to appreciate Holidays!
- Dozing off while even standing is a daily occurence
- You jump for joy for even getting a C in some classed feeling wonderful that you even passed
- When you study day and night for a test, and when you see it you wonder where on earth the professor got the questions from
- Multiple answers have 4 correct answers...
- Even 4 cups of coffee per day isn't enough anymore, you find yourself drinking it later, and later, and later in the days/nights
- You don't have a social life anymore
- Surgery excites you more than ever before
- Giving up is NOT an option
- Satisfactory means the world to you
- You now understand why there is a Nursing shortage
- PRN, QID, QHS, q4h, all mean something to you
- You are grateful to make it through each and every day in school
Thursday, September 23, 2010
Happy first day of Fall everyone!
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Each participating blog will be a Secret Santa & also receive a gift from a Secret Santa. There are No Sponsors for this event, it's just like one big office party. After you receive your gift you can tell everyone all about it on your blog.
Each Secret Santa will spend $15 on their gift. This can be one item or multiple items that total $15. We want everyone to enjoy the swap and their gift so we have added category choices for you to choose from on the sign up. This way it helps the Secret Santa have an idea of what you like and so that everyone enjoys their gifts.
Sign up will be open for 2 weeks and will end on Wednesday October 6th
If you are interested in participating in the Secret Santa Gift Exchange simply:
Fill out the form and we will add you to the list. After you sign up snag the button and let your readers know that you are participating & that they can too.
After sign up closes they will notify everyone by email to let them know : Who to ship to, What gift idea they like, When to ship by & Where to ship gift to. No one will know who is who's Secret Santa is so shh.. it's top secret :)
I just love this idea! We all communicate together via our blogs, twitter, and FB and have become great friends! I love to give gifts, really excited for this. Can you believe Christmas is just around the corner already? Yikes!
As we are a Vegetarian/Vegan Family, I am always looking for new, yummy recipes to try out. This was my first time making these delicious lettuce wraps, and boy were they SO good and healthy. Plus, my kids loved them which made it even better!
- Cooked rice (amount and type is up to you,but we suggest around 4 servings)
- 1 Head of Ice berg lettuce
- 1 pound extra firm tofu, sometimes we even do 1 1/2 pounds if we have the extra tofu (drained)
- 2 3/4 cups chopped mushrooms (your choice,but preferably shitake, it gives the dish a little more kick)
- 1 yellow OR white onion
- 4 cloves chopped garlic (fresh)
- 2-3 thinly sliced carrots (or graded)
- Soy sauce or Bragg's sauce with amino acids (available @ Whole Foods)
- salt & pepper
- Optional: House of Tsang stir fry sauce to put on the top for some extra flavor.
- Wash your head of lettuce.
- Chop your the tofu into tiny squares.
- In a large pan, put in 1-2 tbsp of olive or vegetable oil and turn on medium heat, put in minced garlic and diced onion, sautee for about 3 minutes.
- (At this time you can also start cooking the rice. Follow the brand/package directions for the amount of rice you are wanting.)
Serve on top of the lettuce pieces, along with the rice as a side and House of Tsang sauce as a topping for some extra flavor (optional)
Here are some photos of our lettuce wraps we made:
All ready for dinner.
(The other thing we had for a side were vegetarian pot stickers)
Levee loved this dinner :)
Hope you try it out, let me know if you do and how it turned out for you! It is a fairly easy and very healthy recipe to make which is a plus.
Coming up soon!
- Amazing vegan pumpkin pie
- Vegetarian tortilla chip soup
- Vegan caramel apples
Monday, September 20, 2010
I just want to give a BIG THANK YOU for following my lovely blog! I appreciate every single one of you more than you know for taking the time to read my posts :)
Thanks again and have a wonderful day!
Sunday, September 19, 2010
Grandma bought these cute matching Pj's this weekend for them, aren't they cute?
Daddy was jumping up and down clapping and "saying cheese!" So I could get this and a few other adorable pictures.
Okay, not really but he was standing up, then sitting down repetitively. Silly guy!
I think he may become part of the walking club soon!
Makes everything worth it. All of the many up's and down's from the pregnancies, sleepless nights, hospital stays, food allergies, you name it and these 2 sweet souls make it all worth it. I'd do it all over again. along with anything else for them.
(My Mom gave them a couple yesterday, ironically enough we have been needing some new ones for a while now! I love when that happens.) I believe he actually took him to sleep with him tonight along with his sidekick, Slush.
Blog content copyright
Please do not take any posts, pictures etc. from my blog without permission. If you are interested in borrowing a picture or some information from a post, please contact me first. I probably won't mind giving you permission! I put a lot of time and effort into my blog, so please don't take anything without asking. I am the sole owner of this blog, if you have any questions please feel free to contact me with any questions!
Thank you very much!