Sunday, January 2, 2011

Hopes, goals, dreams for 2011.

Welcome 2011!

January 1st marked a fresh start & new beginning for me as I'm sure it did for many others. It is the beginning of another new wonderful year. A new year filled with many new dreams, goals, hopes, aspirations and opportunities. I have more of these than normal this year and for once I sure would love to stick them out for longer than the end of January. I figure maybe if I put all of them on here, perhaps it would help in meeting these goals. 

Maybe, just maybe. 

As with thousands, maybe even millions of other women in the US, one of my larger goals is to loose some weight. 23 lbs to be exact. Who ever knew it would be such a pain? It is a piece of cake (literally) to put the weight on, but such a pain to get rid of it. I am 5'0" tall and you can see every, single pound I put on my petite frame. I love being short, but really dislike this part of it.

So this is my plan to a better looking me:

Eat better.. Much better
Log everything I eat in My Net Diary (iPhone)
Cut down my calorie intake to 1400 calories a day
Drink no less than 64 oz of water a day (Doing great the last 3 days!)
Cut back on my diet sodas, from daily to 2-3x a week max. 
(This is going to be really hard.. I heart me some Diet Coke.)
Cut down on foods filled with a lot of preservatives, eat more "Raw" foods
Go to the gym and attend Spin class/Yoga/Zumba at least 2-3 days a week 
Work out nightly at home
I have done all of my measurements and plan to re-check them again on February 1st. I plan on doing a weekly post about my progress (If I am doing well...) Hoping I can actually stick with it this time. 
What's different this time around? MOTIVATION, support, sick of feeling crappy about the way I look and how sluggish I feel lately. 

Aside from weight loss, I have a couple of other goals/hopes for 2011:

Get more (a lot more) sleep. Right now my usual bedtime is about 3 am... Yeah, pretty bad right? That's Nursing school and loving to blog at night for ya
Study no less than one hour a day
Keep on top of our laundry, instead of just leaving it to one day a week
Be more optimistic about things and be more positive. I get stressed out really easily and  really need to learn to not let things get to me so much
Do more for Micah to let him know truly how much I love and appreciate all that he does for us
Move.. Not sure how, but it's a big goal for 2011
Get one more year closer to graduating with my RN!

And the biggest dream and hope? 
Just making it through another year together as a Family and watching our love grow stronger. 


I am really looking forward to 2011, I hope you all are too! 
What are some of your hopes, goals and dreams for this new year?




Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Marci,

    Great goals! I wish you luck and will be more than happy to encourage you along the way. Once Ginger is born I will have about 80 pounds to loose!!! Ugh! that's a lot but I'e got to do it. I;ve been pregnant for 2 years straight, literally and it's killing me. I can't wait to loose this dreaded weight. So I too will be checking in and documenting my progress! Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with all your goals! I still haven't sufficiently and realistically worked mine out yet (because really, there's SOo much to work on!), but hopefully you can give me a little motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck Marci!

    I want to lose 24 pounds! I should probably cut back on the coke zero myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck with your goals.

    One I can empathise with. I too am around the 5 foot marker and weight on the hips has become an issue.

    Warm wishes from a cold Scotland.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! Following from ABE! Love your picture collage! And I like your ABE post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hannah, you are seriously awesome! <3 And you can definitely do it!! I was pregnant for what felt like forever too. Mine are 19 months apart. Looking forward to reading you progress updates! Happy New year too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alisha, I know the feeling! There is so much to work on... Always! I hope I can give you motivation :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Mangocheeks, I'm glad I'm not alone! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite is the water! I also think that's the hardest... it's the 22nd. Have u kept up with it? I have a weight loss and wedding blog. (losing weight for the wedding, lol) u should check it out
    http://gainingandlosing.blogspot.com
    CJR

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all of your comments! Thank you for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Random.Org for Giveaways

Blog content copyright

Please do not take any posts, pictures etc. from my blog without permission. If you are interested in borrowing a picture or some information from a post, please contact me first. I probably won't mind giving you permission! I put a lot of time and effort into my blog, so please don't take anything without asking. I am the sole owner of this blog, if you have any questions please feel free to contact me with any questions!

Thank you very much!