Saturday, January 15, 2011

My favorite Vegan vanilla cupcake recipe, ever.

It has been forever since I have shared a recipe for you guys! Sorry about that, I must say this one was worth the wait though. This particular recipe comes from the best Vegan cupcake recipe book there is out there 
(In my own opinion of course.) 
"Vegan Cupcakes take over the world."

Source
 If you are interested in baking vegan cupcakes, I suggest getting this recipe book.

 
Golden vanilla Vegan cupcakes
Source


Ingredients:


1 cup soy milk

1 tsp. apple cider vinegar

  cups all-purpose flour

2 Tbsp. cornstarch

¾ tsp. baking powder

½ tsp. baking soda

¼ tsp. salt (increase salt to ½ teaspoon if you’re using oil instead of margarine)

½ cup non-hydrogenated margarine, softened, or ⅓ cup canola oil

¾ cup sugar

2 tsp. vanilla extract

¼ tsp. almond extract, caramel extract, or more vanilla extract 

*I use the oil recipe, this makes for a light, tasty texture full of flavor!

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pan with cupcake liners.
  2. Whisk the soy milk and vinegar in a measuring cup and set aside for a few minutes to get good and curdled.
  3. If using margarine: Sift the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl and mix.
  4. In a separate large bowl, use a hand held mixer at medium speed to cream the margarine and sugar for about 2 minutes until light and fluffy. (Don’t beat past 2 minutes.) Beat in the vanilla and other extract, if using, then alternate beating in the soy milk mixture and dry ingredients, stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl a few times.
  5. If using oil: Beat together the soy milk mixture, oil, sugar, vanilla, and other extracts, if using, in a large bowl. Sift in the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, and mix until no large lumps remain.
  6. Fill cupcake liners two-thirds of the way and bake for 20 to 22 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack, and let cool completely before frosting.
Vegan fluffy butter cream frosting: 
(Pure amazingness!) Great for piping into lush, swirling mountains of frosting a top your cupcakes:

1/2 cup nonhydrogenated shortening
1/2 cup nonhydrogenated margaring (I use Blue Bonnet light and it works great)
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups soy milk (We use vanilla)

Directions:

Beat the shortening and margarine together until really fluffy and well combined. Add the powdered sugar and beat for about 3 more minutes. Now, add the vanilla and soy milk, beat for about 5 more minutes until fluffy! And voila, you have some amazing "butter cream" frosting!

(This recipe came from Vegan cupcakes take over the world, pg. 142)

These really turn out great! I suggest baking them for 18 minutes though, not 20-22. (Depending on your oven!) Just check them at 18 minutes with a tooth pick to see how they are turning out. After they are done, let them cool on a cooling rack for at least 30 minutes before putting on your frosting. For Christmas, my good friend Megan bought me the Wilton dessert decorator plus.. I love it! It is perfect for piling on the frosting and making it look beautiful:
Source

Here are some other beautiful photos of other vegan vanilla cupcakes: 

Source

Aren't these stunning?
Source and recipe


If you make these, let me know how they turned out for you! 
Enjoy! 
Vegan love,




Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for stopping by! I adore your blog too and applaud all mama's out there "workin' it!"

    With love,

    xx

    November Grey

    ReplyDelete
  2. they look so pretty!
    check out my t-shirt review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a fellow ABE blogger stopping by following you if you would follow me back please if your not already and see you on the 18th Evoluchun's Misc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look amazing, OoOoo cupcake craving now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by on the #ABE Host Blog Hop!!!! I was already a follower of yours :-)

    Anna, The Pilot's Wife
    Follow My Blog at: The Pilot's Wife Blog
    Follow me on: Twitter
    Like me on: Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  6. You ladies are all SO sweet! They truly are amazing, you have gotta make them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! They really are stunning. What an awesome thing to serve at a party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Putting these on the list of options for a vegan pot luck. This might be better than the other vegan cupcake recipe we tried.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! I'm going to take these to a (newly vegan) friend's house for game night, but we have lots of limes and fresh herbs lying around, so I'm thinking of tweaking the recipe a little to make them mojito flavored.

    I'm going to make a full batch Sunday evening (game night is Monday) and hope for the best. I'll let you know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all of your comments! Thank you for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Random.Org for Giveaways

Blog content copyright

Please do not take any posts, pictures etc. from my blog without permission. If you are interested in borrowing a picture or some information from a post, please contact me first. I probably won't mind giving you permission! I put a lot of time and effort into my blog, so please don't take anything without asking. I am the sole owner of this blog, if you have any questions please feel free to contact me with any questions!

Thank you very much!