Saturday, January 29, 2011

Time for some changes, here we go.

I know I promised this a couple of days ago, but this week has been a crazy, stressful one. I have a very exciting...Well really, there isn't just one word to explain how exciting this announcement is because, it's pretty amazing. You know the moments that you look forward to in life such as, falling in love, getting married, getting an education, having a great career, buying a home and having babies? Well I can now say I have done at least four of the above so far. And yes,they have definitely been out of order! Were not your typical couple, and I don't mind at all. 

Okay, ya ready? I hope you are as excited as I am if you have ever got to experience this moment in your lives for yourself.

*Deep breath in....*
Were buying our very first house!
Yipee! Woohoo!

Source
It has already been quite the adventure so far, along with many frustrations. But more exciting than I ever imagined it could be! We got our pre-approval letter last week and have found three homes we really love. We have been trying all week to get in to see the homes, but have been dealing with some difficulties from the current home owners in two of the homes. Were trying to be patient and hang in there. That's the name of the house buying game, right? We are just so ready for some change and to be out on our own, for the first time. 

We have already done a little shopping for the house! This is our first place to call our own and currently all we have is a dresser, crib, toddler bed, armoire, vanity and a dresser. So needless to say, we have quite a bit to buy to furnish the house! I think that is going to be the most fun part though. M is letting me pick the colors, decor, etc. See my post below  for some of my inspiration. I did pick up this pillow I have been longing for though! (yay!) It will go on the couch, along with 2 others similar in color.

Source
If anyone has any other ideas for some room decorating ideas, please let me know! I know that we will be doing the living room in my favorite color, yellow combined with gray and a crisp white. For the master, I was thinking of a nice green with some yellow and blue accents. No clue for the kitchen, bathrooms, office or the boys room. *Sigh. I am happy to share this excitement with you all! Wish us luck, were hoping to be all moved in by March 1st,  hopefully that's a realistic goal. I will keep you up-dated on how it's all going! Were all still sick right now, so hopefully we will feel better next week and be able to go see some of these homes.

Thanks everyone!
Much love,


Photobucket

20 comments:

  1. That's great news!! I remember when we bought our house...it was stressful but in the end very worth it! Very excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome!! I have that pillow! IT is sitting in a zebra chair in my guest room! Great taste! can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Great Elephant Symposium, Thank you so much! It must have been quite the adventure, I sure hope it's worth it :) I think we'll be a lot happier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom2Marbles, really? I bet it would look gorgeous against that print! Thank you :) Can't wait to have them up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! That is super exciting! I'll look forward to hearing more about this! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!! A new house is amazing! I did a lot of my shopping on overstock.com and hitting up TJMaxx, Home Goods, Ross, and even Big Lots. I did it bit by bit until it felt like home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that is so exciting! Getting your first home is such a wonderful milestone. Enjoy every moment and have fun decorating.

    I am a old follower but I am visiting from Mommy Monday. I hope you will come and visit me at http://socialstudiesmomma.blogspot.com/

    Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeah, yeah, yeah... Oh the posibilities! have fun decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats!!

    thanks for joining mailbox mondays!! i'm a confirmed email subscriber
    www.mamalovesherbargains.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! I'm following from Monday mOmmy bloghop!
    Michelle
    http://www.heartfeltbalancehandmadelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay congratulations on the new house! how exciting :) Thanks for linking up to Mommy Mondays I'm now following you. Don't forget to stop over every week to link up again & make new friends! Spread the word too if you'd like :)

    http://myadventures-in-mommyland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Loosing Brownies, that is a great idea to go to those places. I totally forgot about Big Lots. If you go at the right time they really do have great things. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. SocialStudiesSoubrette, I will definitely try to enjoy every minute. It really is exciting! I cannot wait to decorate, it's going to be a blast! Glad to have you back here again, thank you for stopping by! You have a great week too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OurJapaneseSushi, thank you! And yes, oh my goodness there are so many possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  15. QueenB, glad to have you here! Thank you for subscribing :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Michelle, thank you for stopping by and for following! I will definitely come and follow you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Adventures in Mommyland, thank you for stopping by! I'll come by :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all of your comments! Thank you for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Random.Org for Giveaways

Blog content copyright

Please do not take any posts, pictures etc. from my blog without permission. If you are interested in borrowing a picture or some information from a post, please contact me first. I probably won't mind giving you permission! I put a lot of time and effort into my blog, so please don't take anything without asking. I am the sole owner of this blog, if you have any questions please feel free to contact me with any questions!

Thank you very much!