Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The battle.

Source
 Okay, so it's February 1st and guess who has already failed at her New Years resolutions? Moi, yep. Almost every single one of them. I am so disappointed in myself! I was doing wonderfully the first 2 weeks of January, then the stress of a new quarter in Nursing school caught up with me, along with the stress of looking for a new place to live, I mean I had all the excuses in the book. I had been doing great at making it to the gym, counting my calories in my Net diary in my iPhone, drinking 64 oz. water every day and also eating much better than I had in a long time. Lately I have not kept track of what I am eating, eating anything I want, not drinking hardly any water at all... Oh and way too much Diet Coke. I have failed myself and am starting to wonder, will I will ever succeed at weight loss and getting healthier? I have failed year after year and am feeling like I am failing and disappointing my children which is the most difficult thing. I just want to be healthy and fit for them, I want to be that Mom that loves to go to the pool and to the park all the time. Right now, I just feel so down about how I look and it's becoming irritating and getting old. I'm wondering what I can do to get back on the wagon again and stick to it. What do you do when you are in a weight loss slump? What perks you up to get back in shape?


Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. My husband and I just did a 30 day program and he lost 35 pounds. I only lost 15 because I cheated. I recommend it. Let me know if you want me to tell you more about it.

    I feel the same way about wanting to be fit for my family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Losing the pounds and being healthy has always been my issue. I always promise myself I would start leading a healthy lifestyle...but I always find an excuse not to follow through. I hope to be able to push forward and finally do it! But maybe after my period! :)

    - Mama Mia

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me, I do the best in the summer. I walk with my daughter all the time, but in the winter the treadmill doesn't have the same sort of appeal to me.
    Have someone do it with you, maybe not in the same room, but at the same time. E-mail or phone encouragement to each other. It helps knowing that someone is going to hold you acountable.
    Don't kick everything out of your diet plan. Be realistic. If you normally have cream in your coffee use milk. Don't eat after supper. Small things add up over time.

    Random fact. The thing that has the most calories in it that American women consume is salad dressing! Those are the healthy Mamas! I`d rather have a hamburger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you wanted to do something. I`ll do it. I need motivation too. Unless you think that`s weird. Going on a diet with a perfect stranger.
    Maybe it would be easier :p.
    Anyways my e-mail is nicolthepickle(at)yahoo(dot)ca
    And if you`re creepd out... please ignore :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've noticed that when I step up my workouts, I feel better and want to eat better. It motivates me but then I get home and see husband eating cheetos and I WANT THEM.

    Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HELLO MARCI , I WANT TO LET YOU KNOW THAT GOD DOES NOT MAKE JUNK ..... WE ALL SLIP UP AT DIFFERENT THINGS IN OUR LIVES AT DIFFERENT TIMES ...... WHAT IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANYTHING IS THAT WE LEARN TO LOVE OURSELVES NO MATTER WHAT AGE,STAGE,WEIGHT,OR CONDITION WE ARE AT ..... THIS IS THE REAL HARD THING TO LEARN ..... IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO EXERCIZE AND EAT RIGHT BECAUSE GOD TELLS US THAT OUR BODIES ARE THE TEMPLE OF THE LORD , HE TELLS US THIS IN 1CORINTHIANS 6:19-20.....I TELL YOU THIS NOT TO PREACH BUT TO TEACH .... SOMEONE ONCE TOLD ME THIS WHEN I WAS TRYING TO LOSE PLENTY OF WEIGHT (60POUNDS ) SHE ALSO TOLD ME TO START PRAYING THAT GOD WOULD OPEN UP MY EYES AND HEART TO SEE THE BEAUTIFUL PERSON THAT I WAS FROM THE INSIDE OUT ...... WHEN I READ ABOUT YOU ON YOUR BIO IT APPEARS TO ME THAT YOU ARE A VERY STRONG COURAGEOUS INTELLIGENT AND DETERMINED WOMAN ....I WILL PROMISE TO PRAY THAT GOD WILL ALLOW YOU TO USE THESE SAME CHARACTER ASSETS THAT YOU ARE APPLYING TOWARDS BECOMING A NURSE AND BEING A LOVING WIFE & MOM SO THAT YOU CAN RESUME WHERE YOU LEFT OFF IN YOUR JOURNEY TO FIRST FINDING YOUR INNER BEAUTY .....MY PRAYER FOR YOU IS FOUND IN THE BOOK OF NUMBERS 6:24-26.....HAVE A GREAT NIGHT !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww, hang in there it's hard to maintain staying fit, especially if you have kids! what gets me motivated is when i sign up for a new race so that i have a goal/incentive of some kind. i also create a schedule (like work out 2 days a week ect.) and that keeps me driven most of the time. right now i'm a bit of a slump myself, also visiting work out blogs always help! good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all of your comments! Thank you for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Random.Org for Giveaways

Blog content copyright

Please do not take any posts, pictures etc. from my blog without permission. If you are interested in borrowing a picture or some information from a post, please contact me first. I probably won't mind giving you permission! I put a lot of time and effort into my blog, so please don't take anything without asking. I am the sole owner of this blog, if you have any questions please feel free to contact me with any questions!

Thank you very much!