Thursday, March 17, 2011

Finals week in Nursing school-Quarter three.

Source
 Finals..
Is it that time again? Already? Well, it couldn't have come fast enough. This quarter was awful.
(I don't even think that describes it to be quite honest.) Those of you that have been following my blog since the beginning of my journey may have an idea why. It has been such a wild ride and I am so excited to be moving onto quarter 4! This up coming quarter will have some changes that will be coming along with it, the major one being moving to day classes since my school decided (with very little notice)  to take away the evening Nursing program. I am still in the process of finding a baby sitter for my boys while I have to be there. I hate to leave them when I was already enrolled in the evening classes! It's kinda sad when every quarter that is approaching, you are asking yourself "What's going to happen this time?" 
Seriously.
For quarter 4, I will be taking Microbiology and Physiology and I am still deciding if I want to take my last general class required. I will have labs with both courses, but it won't be too bad. I am really excited for these classes, they are both very interesting and challenging. This quarter feels like it has been so easy, so I think I am in for a big wake up call from here on out until I get my degree. That's what I am here for though right? 
Some days I love school, some days I hate it. Definitely a normal feeling, I know. I just constantly keep reminding myself why I am here and how lucky I am to be where I am. Some days are just so much more difficult than others. 
I plan on changing up my study sessions and doing my best to get more organized next quarter, I think that will help quite a bit along with the fact that we are moving and I will have my own desk/study area that is quiet. I can't wait! 

I bought a little something for myself recently for a little inspiration, I kinda love it.. I haven't used it yet though. I just keep gazing at it, daydreaming of the day I graduate. 
Here it is:
I love it! 

So how am I getting through Nursing school, all the homework and studying that comes along with it, being a mother of two and now working as a part time CNA? Never taking my eyes of the goal at the end and never giving up as much a I really want to some days.
Yes, really. Okay, and quite a bit of help from my beau and my two best friends, they are amazing! 
Looking forward to being one quarter closer to graduation, wish me luck on finals.
I will be back next week with a Fabulous giveaway! 

Much love,
Oh and Happy St. Patty's day!


Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. It seemed like when I was in nursing school they added extra stressful things to weed people out. First semester they changed all the "extra credit" to required work a month before the term was over. I had 3 classes that the instructors changed in the middle of the course. The director left and we had an interim director that left the program on unstable ground. My all time favorite was that they installed a computerized exam during that last 1/2 of the last semester that if you failed you failed the program regardless of your overall grade. Just like the NCLEX but for school. We were the "ginny pigs", fun! Just keep your head on the prize like your doing and think of your time as a count down to the end. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your finals. I have been thinking about going into nursing school but it seems like it would be impossible with my two girls. It's nice to see a strong mommy talking about making her way through it though. Beautiful family. I am a new follower through the hop. http://onemoreflewoverthecuckoo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your finals. My daughter just finished her last final tonight. She turned 19yrs. old yesturday, and finished her AA today. Lots of hard work. Glad she is young and single doing it. Can't imagine beeing in your Stilletos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoops forgot to tell ya. I'm following the blog hop, and my address is http://marjorysteeleskousen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower from the hop =) Good Luck with nursing school. Sounds like you are doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for all of your comments!! I really appreciate you taking the time to read this post. It is frustrating to be going through this! But it will pay off one day. :) I too feel like a ginny pig. Thanks again ladies, and I will get back to following you as soon as I can!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all of your comments! Thank you for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Random.Org for Giveaways

Blog content copyright

Please do not take any posts, pictures etc. from my blog without permission. If you are interested in borrowing a picture or some information from a post, please contact me first. I probably won't mind giving you permission! I put a lot of time and effort into my blog, so please don't take anything without asking. I am the sole owner of this blog, if you have any questions please feel free to contact me with any questions!

Thank you very much!