Monday, April 4, 2011

It's about time!!

I decided, what am I waiting for? Really? I feel so selfish to have even waited as long as I have. 
I have been a Vegetarian three years in May and have finally decided to go all the way, cut the crap and finally go...Vegan!
(Yay, the crowd goes wild!)

Source
 
I am beyond excited and proud of myself to finally be doing this. Micah and our boys eat a strict vegan diet and when I am at home, I was eating vegan about 80% of the time anyways. I just really enjoyed cheese and ice cream. But felt extremely guilty every time I would eat it and especially crappy after a big bowl of ice cream. Not anymore though, I am done and ready to move forward with this!

Why vegan? I am sure many of you will be asking this question and am happy to answer any that you may have!!

I say.. why not? 

I have an immense love for animals and the earth. This is my number one reason. Yes friends.... I am a "Tree Hugger" And proud of it. I love animals, every single one of them and think they all deserve to have a chance at life. Not the life that many of them sadly have, but a happy, healthy, humane life. I have done a lot of research on veganism for quite some time now as my kids are being raised vegan and I like to research as much as I can to find all the good, healthy recipes/foods, vitamins, etc. That I can for them. There is nothing but benefits for your health, animals and the earth with this diet.

I feel like I have been selfish in some ways with not doing this sooner. This is such a big step in the right direction though. I have been battling loosing this last 2o Lbs that just won't budge, I have felt so sluggish lately and have had some other stuff going on that I am thinking cutting out all dairy will help. I will admit, I am sure I will miss the convenience of just being able to pop a Lean Cuisine in the microwave for lunch, or making a quick cheese quesadilla on corn tortillas, or the occasional WW yogurts. But this is SO worth it! I can't wait to move forward with this and to experiment with even more foods not just for my Family, but for my self. I feel so wonderful about this new chapter and so happy to share it with all of you!

If anyone has any questions for me OR any advice, I would love to hear from you!! And if you are interested in learning more, click here. I will up-date you soon on how it's all going along with a couple of fabulous recipes. 
Thanks for all of your support!



Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. I give you a lot of credit! I have been a vegetarian for some time, and do eat some vegan products. I feel the same as you, love animals. Love dairy too :) I also eat as much vegan as I can, but do still eat dairy. It's very hard changing, especially since I'd have to cut out dorito's which is my biggest downfall! It really is a big lifestyle change, and I just wanted to say congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! So proud that you have made the decision to go vegan. It sounds like you have tremendous support at home and that truly is the most important thing. You also have a great attitude, and a compassionate, loving spirit towards our animal world. I think you have all the tools to make this transition very easily. All good things.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I've been vegan for almost 11 years and I promise that you will soon do it automatically and it won't feel like a pain.

    Plus, to ease the transition you could try Daiya shreds (they really melt) or Sheese (doensn't melt as well but is sooo yummy). The vegan yogurts and ice creams are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! That's an awesome feat and you must be super excited! Right now it would be such a challenge to do it.
    CJR @ The Mommy Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome! I told you that StrawberryHedgehog's owner (Tracy) is vegan, right? Her blog has tons of vegan treats on there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi from your newest follower. Wonderful Blog you have. When you get the time please check out my blog and return the follow. I am going to be having AWSOME giveaways all throughout the year. Also PLEASE consider buying one of my cookbooks as it is our ONLY Income and if you have ANY Suggestions on how to get them to start selling PLEASE email me you idea’s.

    http://threwourtearsandlaughter.blogspot.com/

    Thank You and Many Blessings to you and yours,

    Connie C

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's fantastic! I've been a vegetarian almost 4 years now and I love it. My kitchen is vegan, but make excuses when I'm dining out or at a friend's for dinner. Largely because of my love for cheese and that pesky ingredient that hides in everything- eggs! Anyway, this commitment of yours inspiring. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all of your comments! Thank you for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Random.Org for Giveaways

Blog content copyright

Please do not take any posts, pictures etc. from my blog without permission. If you are interested in borrowing a picture or some information from a post, please contact me first. I probably won't mind giving you permission! I put a lot of time and effort into my blog, so please don't take anything without asking. I am the sole owner of this blog, if you have any questions please feel free to contact me with any questions!

Thank you very much!