Sunday, April 3, 2011

Were growing!

Our second garden that is!
You didn't really think I was pregnant now did you? Oh, Nooooo. No babies for us right now! Just a lovely garden. I couldn't decide whether or not to do it again this year, but... I simply couldn't resist. There is something (oddly enough) so exciting about seeing your garden grow and a small feeling of accomplishment no matter the size.

Last year I had planted tomatoes, cucumbers, jack-o-lanterns and mini pumpkins. The cucumbers and tomatoes turned out great, but the pumpkins.. Notttt so much. I have no idea where I failed, but Halloween is my fav Holiday and I would love to grow our own pumpkins to carve, so were giving them another shot!

The supplies:

Seeds & a Biodegradable seed starting green house kit from Target

We will be growing:
Jack-O-Lanterns
Mini pumpkins
Tomatoes
Sunflowers
Spinach
Zinnia
Cucumbers
& Echinacea

Next, I chose some cute paper from my scrapbooking stash then chose one of my fav fonts, and typed up some cute labels. 
After I got them cut with my handy-dandy paper cutter, Levee and I attached them to toothpicks with some scotch tape.
Easy peasy!


This was such a fun, easy project for us to do together! I am beyond stoked to see the first little sprouts in about two weeks and I am really hoping my pumpkins make it this year. 

Any advice for me on any of the seeds were growing? I'll take any tips I can get! 
Do lavender reallllly take two years to fully grow? 
Anyone know where I can find Wheatgrass to grow? I couldn't find any today at Target and would really love some! 

How cute is he? 


I can't wait to share the success of our little garden with you! I'll keep you all posted and look forward to any tips/gardening secrets you may have!


Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. I love this! I have always wanted to grow a garden but we move so dang much that it'd be next to impossible to maintain one. What a fun 'project'!

    Stopping by via blog hop and so glad I landed here! Can't wait to look around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute labels..love your handwriting. New follower from the blog hop and I look forward to following your blog!...Hope u can come by for a visit! http://adventuresatgreenacre.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, fun! I can't wait to start gardening this year! I, too, love the labels. :)

    And no, I didn't think you were pregnant. ;-) I just thought you were going to show pictures of your boys growing up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun. I can't wait to do my garden this year. We grew pumpkins every year growing up. Honestly, I can't remember doing anything special. We just planted the seeds in the ground, watered, and they grew nice and big. I'm would make sure to check the sun/water/depth requirements. Maybe it's something to do with the type and when they were planted?? We would always plant early summer. Good Luck! I'm sure they'll be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is def a cutie!!! I love love your little garden!!! I cant wait to see how it turns out!!! I flippin love your blog and am sooo excited to follow you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hockey Wife, on my way to follow you back!! Thank you so much!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greenacremamma, thank you! I actually printed them off, I only wish my handwriting was that pretty! Thank you for stopping by! I will gladly come follow you back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leanne, thank you! And good, that title definitely would have made more sense for that too huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lace, thank you!! I think it may have been that we had to leave them in large pots and not the ground.. :/ Hoping to have more space this year!! Thanks again girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heather!! Thank you SO much for stopping by and following me back!! I too LOVE your blog! So happy you are here :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all of your comments! Thank you for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Random.Org for Giveaways

Blog content copyright

Please do not take any posts, pictures etc. from my blog without permission. If you are interested in borrowing a picture or some information from a post, please contact me first. I probably won't mind giving you permission! I put a lot of time and effort into my blog, so please don't take anything without asking. I am the sole owner of this blog, if you have any questions please feel free to contact me with any questions!

Thank you very much!