Monday, May 23, 2011

School, life and keeping up.


Lately, my life has been consisting of, my kiddos, work, homework, keeping up on cleaning & more school. I based my blogs title on my life's common theme, which really is Balancing stilettos & scrubs. How do we do it all as Mothers? Between our children, cooking, cleaning, taking care of our selves, paying bills, wiping noses, laundry... The list  never ends does it. There are some days that I wake up and wonder, how in the world am I going to be able to make it through today? To get everything done? Keep everybody happy? 
What keeps me going is my babies and wanting nothing but the best for them, because well, they deserve nothing less. 20 hour days are all for them and our Family. I know all of this will pay off, soon enough! 

Some things that help me, that may help others: 

*Lists- I love to make all kinds of lists! Especially To-Do lists. I'm a mom of two, I work as a home health and hospice CNA part time, school full-time and now becoming a volunteer for the local children's Hospital- Lists are a must for me!
*Encouraging post it notes in my planner and on my phone
*Family support, a must have! 
*Nice, long baths at least 2-3x a week to clear my head
*Doing what I love- Baking cupcakes! I do my best to make a little time for this.
*Keeping up on cleaning- My goal when we moved in our home a month ago, was to never go to bed with dishes in the sink and coffee not ready for the following day. I've been able to keep up on this all but a few nights! (With some help of course) Nothing like the stress of a filthy house, it helps to keep up on it, even if that means cleaning every day
*Never forgetting my goals and working towards it everyday
*Diet coke- helps everything, this is fact. (Okay, not really, but you know what I mean) 
*Date nights! (Were due for one soon) It always helps to have some one on one time with your hubby, especially if you don't get to see him as often as you would like. 
*Studying daily to get better grades in school, no matter how tired I am. Even 30 minutes helps! 

Hope that helps a little, I hope you all have a beautiful Monday!

Here are some photos from my life lately- via my iPhone:


Park days!

Working, very, very early.

New Tom's shoes! And scrubs <3

Relaxing baths...

Home made Foccacia bread, recipe coming this week.

Doing my best to study with two toddlers running around me.

Re-writing 6 hours of lecture notes from Physiology.... Hoping it will help retain info better.

More studying..

Red Bulls help ;)

Smore's cupcakes- Vegan. Recipe next week! (From Vegan cupcakes take over the world) You'll love it!

So how do you do it all? I would love some more advice! 

Love,

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I agree that date night with your hubby is really important. We do not have kids yet, but I work full time and my husband works two. And when it gets really crazy its nice to see his face on the other side of the table. :]

    I think music helps too. I listen to it in the shower all the time, cooking, baking, and cleaning. Working it while doing something! :)

    I like your blog btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh wow! Good luck with Physiology... from a fellow nursing student! I can't imagine getting through school and taking care of little ones too! It's just me and my dogs and I have all I can handle! Kudos~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Toms are just the cutest! And the Foccacia bread looks so yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So impressed with you balancing school and two kiddos! College was tough and I couldn't imagine doing it with my son...

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all of your comments! Thank you for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Random.Org for Giveaways

Blog content copyright

Please do not take any posts, pictures etc. from my blog without permission. If you are interested in borrowing a picture or some information from a post, please contact me first. I probably won't mind giving you permission! I put a lot of time and effort into my blog, so please don't take anything without asking. I am the sole owner of this blog, if you have any questions please feel free to contact me with any questions!

Thank you very much!