Thursday, July 28, 2011

No-Bake cookies {Vegan style}

Did the "No-bake" Phrase catch you? Or are you a life-long lover of these deeeelish cookies? I have always been! I remember my Mom making them for me when I was little and every time I would try, I failed. Yes, friends I failed at no-bake cookies... I haven't always been such a good cook ;) Alright, alright, so I'm not that great but I try! Well, here at our home we keep as much vegan food in the house as possible. I am working on being better, but slip every now and then. My kids and husband eat strictly vegan though. I wanted to make something new and different from our "normal" desserts {i.e. Cupcakes..} And decided on these lovelies.
Initially, I couldn't remember the ingredients and was hope, hope, hoping I could replace the dairy ingredients and make them vegan style. Mission accomplished! They turned out perfectly, hurray!

Here is the spruced up No-Bake cookie recipe, Vegan Style:

  • 1 3/4 Cups of sugar
  • 1/4 Cup of brown sugar
  • 4 Tbsp Cocoa 
  • 1 Stick Earth Balance Butter
  • 1/2 Cup of Rice Dream, original Rice milk
  • 1 Cup of Peanut Butter
  • 1 Tbsp of Pure Vanilla
  • 3 Cups of quick oats 
  • Waxed paper -OR- Cake/brownie pan

Directions for finger-lickin' good cookies:

In a large sauce pan, bring to boil: Your sugar, brown sugar, cocoa, Earth Balance butter and rice milk. Let these ingredients boil for about 1 minute, then add your peanut butter, vanilla and oatmeal. Stir well and using a spoon, drop little scoops onto your wax paper to set up, or if using a brownie pan, pour mixture into the pan and let set for about an hour and enjoy!! 


This Recipe was inspired by Foodnetwork.com, made with vegan love by me.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Yum! My sister is a vegan/holistic health guru and I must show your blog to her! She will love the recipes! Thanks girlfriend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your SITS day!!
    Glad to find a blog with some delicius vegan/veg recipes! I'll have to give them a go for sure!

    -agata.
    white collar | green soul

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all of your comments! Thank you for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Random.Org for Giveaways

Blog content copyright

Please do not take any posts, pictures etc. from my blog without permission. If you are interested in borrowing a picture or some information from a post, please contact me first. I probably won't mind giving you permission! I put a lot of time and effort into my blog, so please don't take anything without asking. I am the sole owner of this blog, if you have any questions please feel free to contact me with any questions!

Thank you very much!