Tuesday, August 16, 2011

How to keep it all together

Today is August 15th... Can you believe it? I don't know about you but I am pretty giddy that fall and school are just around the corner! I have been on a nice, much needed break for the last month and a half and have been enjoying every minute of it! I start my first semester at a new school next week.. I'm a little bit nervous, but who isn't on their first day? First days of school in college are filled with a lot of emotions. It's so different than it was in grade school, or even high school but oh so much more fun, right?! (Well at least I seem to think so..) For this fresh new start, I went school shopping with my sweet Mom for some new outfits and some fun school supplies. It brought back a lot of great memories from my childhood!


This coming up Fall semester I will be taking more credits than I have ever attempted before, 17. Three of the classes are re-takes from the private institution I was enrolled in over the last year (that weren't allowed to transfer to my new school) so hopefully it won't be too bad. I got A's in all three last time so hoping for a good semester, shooting for a 3.8-3.9 at the very least.

As a Nursing student, staying on top of my studying and being organized are extremely important! I wanted to share some of my ideas for staying organized and keeping it together while being a Mom of two toddlers, a part-time CNA, volunteer and full-time student. There is no reason you can't do it if I can, you can. Seriously. :)

How to keep it all together:

1. Invest in a day planner. I actually have two, one for personal organization, ie: Levin's  preschool info, field trips, the boys doctors appointments, etc. The other stays in my backpack and I use it to log all assignments, tests and all things school related. 

2. Plan ahead, with all things possible. 
Make your dinner menu for the week on a Sunday, so before you go grocery shopping you can have all your meals planned ahead of time for your grocery list and go get it over with! Two less things to think about for the rest of the week. Hurray!

3. Make a schedule and stick to it!
If your days start early like mine are about to- 4:30 am, you want to make a schedule and do your best to stick to it. Try and make at least 15 minutes for yourself some where in your long days, it helps more than we know! Forming a schedule helps the days flow a little better than they may have without one and we kind of have an idea how the day is going to flow. Also, try and make time for a little exercise. I know, I know.. Blegh right?

4. Study, daily!
If you do it everyday, it becomes a habit. And a good one at that. It can be time consuming, but so worth it! I make it priority to do so every night. I can't go to sleep until I have studied for the day. With this new semester, I may start doing more in the mornings before my kids wake up on the days I don't have class instead of getting into bed at 2-3 am. 

5. Take a nice long bath at least once a week!

6. If you are in a relationship or Married, keep a date night set aside for you and you loved one at least once a month! It's nice to really sit down together for dinner, coffee, whatever it may be to just catch up on everything! Even if you're not in a relationship- plan a night out with some good friends!

7.Hang in there! If you're having a bad day, try and remember five things that made you happy and smile from the day before. If these things really rocked your socks, write them down! I always keep a notebook with me wherever I go to write down thoughts, ideas, inspiration, etc.


Much love!



Photobucket

43 comments:

  1. I just graduated in May so I remember the days of going back to school. Good luck this semester. Hopefully the end is in sight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed you can do so much, but I can see how you manage with your great tips. And congratulations on your SITS Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. organization is a must....
    :-)

    Congratulations on your day in the SITS sun!!
    Have a most beautiful day today

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy SITS Day! Wow! I don't know how you do it with two kids! You sound incredibly organized like me. And, I love the fall and always used to love the beginning of the school year too! Good luck this year! And, I look forward to reading more of your stuff.

    Come visit me if you get the chance:
    stickynotequeen.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are looking forward to fall. I sort of dread the whole back to school thing, for me and my boys, each year.

    Enjoy your SITS day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just heading back to school this week myself. Eeeek. Happy SITS day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think EVERY outfit should include those super cute boots!!! YUM!

    WM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tips :) I'm really impressed how you deal with everything :) Definitely want to follow your tips! <3



    http://annarozanska.blogg.se/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just stopped by via SITS. Thanks for your wonderful tips. I feel like they'll help me, even though I don't do nearly as much as you do.

    Best of luck with school :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well we don't necessarily wear scrubs but we do have an in common gift; the love of helping people. I'm an EMT. (Who is wearing scrub pants right now due to pregnancy haha.)

    Totally agree on the planner. I just bought a two year planner that has a huge section to write your to-dos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy SITS day! Hope you have a great day. And I can't live without my planner! I love "new planner day" every year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy SITS day! You have some wonderful ideas for keeping us organized. I love my planner, and making a weekly meal schedule has saved me more than once.

    Good luck with your new classes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm loving the grey and yellow of your blog. Are you going to start wearing stilettos with your scrubs?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Came over from SITS but my goodness am I glad I did! Your blog is fabulous!

    I am loving everything from the design to the content. Definitely following you now :) Your run down for how to keep it together- perfect! And if you can manage that with all your rockstar busy life, I can certainly too!

    Cannot wait to come by more often!
    *Krystina
    www.cupahotchocolate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy SITS day!

    I miss buying school supplies for myself. My favorite was buying all the different colored highlighters, one color for each subject.

    Keep up the good work and best of luck with the new semester.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kudos to going back to school. What a challenge.

    Happy SITs Day too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy SITS day! You are a WONDERful woman! Lots going on and still joyful! :)

    http://semperwifey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sending you good vibes and happy thoughts on your school days. My neice is in nursing school and I know you will do great! Best of LUCK! And Happy SITS day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have a very nice blog here. I love your attention to detail and art. And, of course, sharing with us exactly how you do all that you do and keep your head above water is also a super gift to share :) Happy SITS day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy SITS day! We have already started school...we are eagerly awaiting HALLOWEEN!!!
    Denice

    ReplyDelete
  21. I always looked forward to fall and the start of the new semester. But I didn't have a husband an 2 kids, either. WOW! You are a trooper! Go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations on your SITS day. I hope it's a great one for you.

    Ready about your day makes me tired. Good thing you're young! Enjoy the energy.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You're so adorable! I love the scrubs. I've always loved cute scrubs. And I'm not even in the medical field! Maybe it's because my mom is a nurse and had to wear boring scrubs! LOL!

    Happy SITS day!

    ReplyDelete
  24. happy SITS day to you sweet bella, yes organization helps keep it all together and flowing - good luck with all of your endeavors and keep shining!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy SITS Day. I was so excited to read your blog because we have so much in common. I went back to nursing school as a second career 5 years ago with 2 boys!!! I am working as a nurse in the ER now and love it and it is such a great job as a mom because you have lots of days off too!!! It is really tough while you are in school but sooooo worth it!! I was like you...had to study after the kids went to bed and I felt bad for poor hubby as I'd always say.."off to study now" but it has been so great now. If you ever have questions or need to vent etc...please email me: wecare@annieandisabel.com

    You are going to be so happy you are doing what you are doing!!

    XO
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats on the SITS feature! Sounds like you have your priorities in order. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy SITS Day! It is a gift to do a job you feel meant for--and your patients will benefit as well.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm a huge fan of the planner as well, but I don't know if I could do all that you do even with a planner.

    ~Happy SITS day!

    ReplyDelete
  29. HAPPY SITS DAY, I think it is soooo important to have 15 minutes for yourself. I've only just started menu planning and it has really helped us save a bit of money and plan for the week :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. These are all great tips for keeping your sanity during the madness that is the school year. I especially agree with the idea of a date night: sometimes time away for 'grown-up' fun is just what the doctor ordered. Love your blog! And those boots! ;-)Happy SITS day too!

    ReplyDelete
  31. You're a girl after my own heart with your love of stilettos! Thanks for sharing your blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Happy SITS day! I just adore your blog name :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Okay a few things:

    1) Your enthusiasm for life is extremely contagious
    2) HAPPY SITS DAY!
    3) Your family is absolutely adorable
    4) I commend you for being able to pull it all together and for having such a positive outlook!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Visiting from SITS. I'm curious - do you wear leather shoes? This is not at all a judgy question, but wondering if you're able to find such gorgeous shoes that match your lifestyle? Do they exist?

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is EXACTLY what I needed - help being organized. It is sad to lose those credits but like you said, you know the stuff so should make great grades! You are going to be an awesome nurse!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Happy SITS Day! Great blogging, love this entry in particular - and so happy to find another working toddler mommy blogger trying to do it all. I don't know how you do it with TWO. You are my hero. If you have time (ha - time!) one of these days, check out my blog, MamaDoItAll (...or die trying!) And good luck with all that's to come - I'll be reading! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  37. You are ALL beyond sweet, kind and amazing women! All of your sweet words mean more than you could ever know :) Thank you from the bottom of my heart! I hope you stick around :) Have a wonderful night! I plan on answering your questions as soon as I have time! I just wanted to thank all of you tonight.
    Much love,
    Marci

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all of your comments! Thank you for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Random.Org for Giveaways

Blog content copyright

Please do not take any posts, pictures etc. from my blog without permission. If you are interested in borrowing a picture or some information from a post, please contact me first. I probably won't mind giving you permission! I put a lot of time and effort into my blog, so please don't take anything without asking. I am the sole owner of this blog, if you have any questions please feel free to contact me with any questions!

Thank you very much!